- Fortitude 40 Large Travel Backpack, 17" Laptop Bag, Water Resistant Rucksack and Shoulder Bag for Weekend, Work and AdventureRegular price $133.84
The Fortitude 40 convertible backpack from Jackson & Cole
Meet the Fortitude 40, our tough yet beautifully built large backpack. Made from thick, durable and water resistant 1680D oxford, it's packed with features, it looks great, and it's extremely comfortable to carry!
Built for adventure
Space to organise
It has nearly 40 litres of capacity and features a large main compartment, with lockable zips. The main compartment can be folded open to get good access for packing clothes and belongings tidily.
Inside the main compartment is a laptop sleeve pocket that can accommodate most 17" laptops.
In front there are 3 additional pockets. At the top a fleece lined pocket with horizontal zip, perfect for keeping mobile phone or sunglasses safe. Below that the pack has a large organiser pocket, again with lockable zips, and compartments to keep pens, phones, documents, tablets secure and protected. In front of this there is a further document pocket with horizontal zip.
To the side there is an elasticated water bottle holder with plenty of room for a 10cm diameter water bottle.
- Made from heavy duty 1680D oxford polyester
- Lockable zips on main compartment and front organiser pocket
- Internal sleeve pocket (fits most 17" laptops)
- Organiser pocket to the front, which has room for another smaller laptop or tablet
- Carry handles to top and side. Removable shoulder strap
- Compression straps to sides and front (which double up as attachment points)
- 1 exterior bottle holder to the side of the bag
- 2 rows of MOLLE / PALS compatible webbing
Lockable front pocket
Lockable zips on main compartment and front pocket
There are 2 grab handles, one to the side and one on top of the backpack. Additionally there are 2 more D-rings and a removable carry strap, allowing the bag to be carried as a shoulder bag / duffel.
- Weighs approximately 1.65 kg
- Dimensions 55cm x 34cm x 20cm
- Nearly 40L of storage capacity
- Available in green and black with contrast orange stitching
Ready for work or play
Extensible attachment options
Beyond the array of storage options, the fortitude travel bag has many other useful features. At the front there are 2 rows of MOLLE / PALS compatible webbing (2 * 8 grid), with a D-ring just above. There are 4 compression straps on the sides, which can also be used for attaching kit, such as roll matts or rod tubes. To the front there is another compression strap which again doubles up as an attachment point, perfect for strapping a jacket to when on the move.
- 2 D-ring attachment points on the shoulder straps, one on the front, and 2 on the side for use with the removable shoulder strap
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps and padded back panel
- Sternum and waist straps (with small pockets in the waist straps)
- Rollaway shoulder strap storage system
To the rear the Fortitude adventure bag has padded and adjustable shoulder straps, each with 2 D-rings for connectivity, and an adjustable sternum strap. The back panel is padded with an air flow region between the shoulder blades, which will help to keep you cool when on the move. The adjustable waist support strap includes another 2 pockets for easy access to small items such as money or payment cards. Towards the base there are 2 webbing points which can be used in conjunction with the front D-ring or MOLLE grid to attach heavier items (such as a tent) to the bottom of the bag, using strapping (not included).
The shoulder straps, sternum strap and waist straps can be tucked away when you are stowing your Fortitude bag, or want to use it as a shoulder bag / duffel. There is a rollaway backpack strap system that allows the backpack part of the bag to be covered and zipped up, ideal for keeping it from getting caught up when putting in overhead storage on an airplane.
Suitable for the premium cabin bag options offered by easyJet and Ryanair, sizes below:
- 56cm x 45cm x 25cm easyJet extra large
- 55cm x 40cm x 20cm Ryanair priority additional cabin luggage
Please check check with your flight operator for current size rules as these may change.
The main compartment zip comes just over half way down the backpack, it is not a clamshell layout.
Travel and adventure backpack with room for all of the kit
Attachment options and pockets galore
Side carry handle with shoulder strap D-rings
Side compression straps and bottle holder